Ian Thubron is a seasoned business executive and board director with signiﬁcant experience in Asia and Australia, and an extensive international network.
His career has been in Investment Banking and Communications in London and Asia, partnering with leading companies and global brands such as British Airways, McDonald’s, Adidas, Apple, BMW, Pﬁzer, L’Oreal, GE, Qantas, Nestle, Sara Lee, Unilever, VISA, ANZ, Government of Western Australia, D’Orsogna and Good Sammy.
Ian has built a strong track record of driving top-line and bottom-line growth in challenging markets through organic expansion, joint ventures, M&A and digital transformation.
- PERSISTENT Asset Management
- Marketforce (2019-20)
- Roobix Digital (2014-17)
- D’Orsogna (2017-Present)
- Good Sammy (2017-Present)
- Talisium.com (2017-Present)
- Blue Tree Project (2020-Present)
- Amana Living (2020-Present)
- Tourism WA (2015-2019)
- EVP TBWA Asia Pacific (2004-15)
- President TBWA Greater China (2010-15)
- Graduate – AICD 2016
- Omnicom University – 2006/7/10
- JP Morgan MFP 6 – 1988
- Masters in History, Cambridge University – 1987
- Mentor – Amcom Upstart Programme
- Expert – Australian Government
- Member – YPO – (2003-)
Unparalleled Experience Working with Leading Brands
- For over 25 years, Ian has worked with leading global brands and companies across multiple
commercial and industry sectors.
- Brand experience includes McDonald’s, adidas, Apple, BMW, Pfizer, L’Oreal, GE, Qantas, Nestle, Sara Lee, Unilever, VISA, ANZ, Government of Western Australia, D’Orsogna, Good Sammy.
- Sector experience includes Retail, Online services, Travel/Tourism, Hospitality, Agriculture,
Auto, Financial Services, Luxury, B2B, Consumer Goods, Technology, FMCG, NFP.
Driving Business Growth with Innovation
- Ian has been widely recognised for a strong track record of developing innovative and
progressive growth strategies.
- As President TBWA\Greater China, Ian led a team which grew the business 248% between
2010-2014; as EVP TBWA\Asia Pacific, Ian delivered a growth strategy across the region through M&A, Joint Ventures, organic growth and new offerings.
- Ian now works with leading companies, developing business and brand strategies to underpin their growth.
Major International and Cross-Cultural Experience
- From 1991-2015 Ian lived and worked in Hong Kong, Singapore and Shanghai in a variety of
operational and management roles.
- He worked across many cultures and markets, building a strong reputation and profile both
within his industry and outside.
- He has continued to leverage the power of his international network in his advisory and
consultancy work in WA.
Harnessing Digital for Growth and Efficiency
- Ian drove the development of digital services in the companies he led; in developed markets
driving 40% of revenue from digital services.
- His skill set lies in the application of technology and digital strategy to driving both growth and efficiency in business.
- Most recently, Ian has assisted D’Orsogna and Tourism WA on Digital Transformation, and
worked in Digital Marketing.