Edward has worked in Big Four and mid-tier firms, specialising in R&D tax for a decade, following five years of Corporate Tax experience.
With a dual engineering and accounting background, Edward is ideally placed to understand both the technical and the commercial issues companies face in pursuing their R&D claims. Edward speaks both Company Director and CTO languages.
Edward has a demonstrated ability to coordinate the full life-cycle of R&D claims, liaising effectively with all stakeholders through the process to maximise return for his clients.
- Axito Pty Ltd (2020 to present)
- Edward Allen Consulting (2016-Present)
- Uber Technologies (2017-2019)
- BDO (2014-2016)
- KPMG (2013-2014)
- Insight Business (2012-2013)
- Lewis Golden & Co (2009-2010)
- Deloitte (2006-2009)
- MBA with Distinction – UWA 2020
- Chartered Accountant – Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales 2010
- Masters in Engineering Science – Oxford University 2005
- Lover of technology but as the tool not the purpose
- Die-hard tennis fan
- Poor but enthusiastic swimmer
First principles approach
- Everyone has a view on what R&D is, but Edward knows what matters is how it is defined in the legislation.
- Edward breaks down the R&D tax incentive requirements to their simplest form and helps clients meet them.
- He recognises that clients are experts in their specific area of research and development; Edward assists in marrying that expertise with the requirements of the legislation to maximise outcomes.
- As a pure R&D specialist, Edward is dedicated to submitting accurate, supportable and robust R&D tax incentive claims.
- He has developed a highly incisive ability to distil complex technical details into succinct explanations.
- Edward has managed R&D tax incentive requirements for clients of all sizes in a wide range of industries including mining and resources, infrastructure, digital technology, manufacturing, agriculture, automotive, biomedical, maritime, construction and more.
- 2 years’ experience managing Uber’s growth journey in Perth.
- Recognition of the importance of process standardisation and automation.
- Pragmatic and supportive in helping clients to achieve their objectives.
- Edward takes a question-driven approach to understanding clients’ business and specifically their R&D.
- He work with clients to understand your R&D to best represent your work.
- Edward will play Devil’s Advocate – he has proven this is the best way to ensure clients’ develop robust and defensible claims.